F

perhaps the unanticipated minority voice of minority trains of thought, or not. it would behoove the reader to just hang through it a bit. something unexpected and clear might arise.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

so, i'm going to denmark, in less than 23 days. everything's pretty much ready, down to the special socks and lightweight tent. A few weeks ago I had surgery for the first time (apparently getting one's wisdom teeth out doesn't count). I've been sick since November, so having surgery on my sinuses was like some kind of miracle. I am, however, supposed to take it easy, working my way back into exercise slowly. I am leaving in 23 days nonetheless for a month long trip across a relatively flat albiet windy terrain in the southern scandanavian vicinity. I am so excited, not really believing the trip is for real until I step on the plane to go. This happened last time, 10 years ago almost to the day, when I went to Europe for the first time, also alone, also biking, to Norway and Denmark, and had a mind-altering beautiful experience despite the physical exertion and stress of managing a trip as I went along. Some points I will not be missing:

1. Mon - bright white limestone cliffs with blue blue water
2. Bornholm - island between Sweden and Poland with lots of artisans, beaches, and bicycling trails
3. West Jutland - the North Sea and wild dunes and birds and lots of wind.

That is no definitive list by any means. Whole regions look fantastic. Actually, there's not a lot that looks like I should avoid it at all.

Anywho, all this is keeping me sufficiently distracted from the present as I finish teaching my first year of kindergarten. Track and field days, a field trip, a class ceremony, end of year assessments and testing of what I hoped they learned this year so far. I am just glad to not be feeling sick and out of it.

-->

<< Home